Honor, Courage, Commitment. FEAR Empire Forum Log in:

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Honor, Courage, Commitment. FEAR Empire Forum Log in:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forum back up and running to full capacity!
Welcome to the F.E.A.R. Empire Forum!
Our group is on ROBLOX: http://www.roblox.com/My/Groups.aspx?gid=72321
Use Hashtag #FEAREmpire on Twitter!

Go down
Powerblade
Powerblade
Master
Master
Score : 44800
Fame : 15

Does anyone want to help me create an RPG game? Empty Does anyone want to help me create an RPG game?

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 am
First of all, don't participate here unless you have a knack for RPGs or I won't take you seriously. Also, you can skip to below the line if you want to get to the point. The first part is just to clear things up.

Don't be brainless about a character and say:

"I want a silent, mysterious character who's great at swordfighting and has an unknown past!"

A more annoying example, and yes someone literally requested this:

"OH can I be the guy who betrays everyone at the end and kills SONIC???"

The first and third examples are similar because that's what I hear all the time when I mention this sort of thread on Roblox. People simply don't have any imagination. They all want to be either the strong and silent type, be good with guns/swords, have energy blasts, and/or is the backstabber. It's also these sort of people who have no idea how to make a character when asked, and simply repeat: "I don't know, my character is just good at swordfighting, just put me in the game please!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's throw around possible ideas and characters.

I run RPG Maker VX Ace, which is cool yet limited strictly to simple RPGs without advanced coding. I'd like ideas on a plot, on characters, difficulty, and on in-game features.

I also prefer games with a lonesome tragic atmosphere, not too different from a post-apocalyptic atmosphere. I can go horror, but not pure horror, as the engine lacks many options for jumpscares. Suspense is more than possible though.

I cannot/will not make the following:
1. A post-apocalyptic game. Too little tilesets, too overdone a concept.
2. Zombie-centered game. Way too overdone, but I can actually include zombies.
3. A simple, happy game. Pokemon's doing it wrong by making every game practically the same and more forgiving over time. I'd like a game that can either trouble you at times or perhaps even cripple the player at certain points. Yes, I'm very sadistic with plots. However, I won't deny the happy moments.
4. A rip-off of another game. I like to be original. However, I do adopt ideas from games, and even some anime.

As for characters, be as UNIQUE as possible while keeping it interesting and not overdone. I cannot stress this enough. Also, the main character possessing a power/weakness/trait that no other character has is also recommended as it makes things interesting. Above all else, I'm the most interested in the insane/deranged character, and that character may even be the main character. However, the insane one has to be the most original and unique one.

As for features, let's keep this limited yet interesting. A good example is a battle arena where your character can practice and earn experience as much as he/she wants. A bad example is a pet system, as there are too many variables(possible pets and items) that I'll spend more time on that feature than the plot itself.

Stage 1

Plot. We need a plot and we need a main character. Any ideas?[/b][/b]
Doopliss99
Doopliss99
Elite
Elite
Score : 42946
https://discordhub.com/profile/282675757749239809

Does anyone want to help me create an RPG game? Empty Re: Does anyone want to help me create an RPG game?

Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:39 am
I'm already one of the main characters. <3
Powerblade
Powerblade
Master
Master

Does anyone want to help me create an RPG game? Empty Re: Does anyone want to help me create an RPG game?

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:08 pm
I'm starting over. This is no longer a game about FEAR. Wink 
Doopliss99
Doopliss99
Elite
Elite

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:26 pm
Oh. But I still want to be a Main character atleast. qq
Powerblade
Powerblade
Master
Master

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 pm
Alright, I believe you wanted a winged female, right? What can she do and what's her background?
Doopliss99
Doopliss99
Elite
Elite

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 am
She can use Magic and a Scythe called Ragnarok that levels up with the user and when It reaches it's final lv of 100 it's learns a move called Lävatein. It's a move that is her strongest move that can obliterate anything in it's path. It's a red laser that is used by slashing. She can also use lasers like Master Spark for Electric attacks. As for Doopliss' backround, she was orphaned at a very young age. But She is known to be a Youkai/Chimera mix for a race even though she looks like a human. She can fly by using wings but the wings don't look like they can support her at all because the wings aren't ordinary. The wings have 7 crystals all colors of the rainbow on each side. And there you have it. Smile
Doopliss99
Doopliss99
Elite
Elite

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:15 am
And the wings look like this Does anyone want to help me create an RPG game? Images11
Powerblade
Powerblade
Master
Master

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:16 pm
Sigh, I hate to burst your bubble, but...

Doopliss99 wrote:She can use Magic and a Scythe called Ragnarok that levels up with the user and when It reaches it's final lv of 100  it's learns a move called Lävatein.
...How many times have I heard the name Ragnarok be used or suggested? It isn't an original name and I'm quite tired of seeing it myself. Please re-name the weapon. Also, it can't level up with the user because the engine isn't that complex. Think: PSP Final Fantasy 1, and that should give you an idea of what I can do.

Doopliss99 wrote:It's a move that is her strongest move that can obliterate anything in it's path. It's a red laser that is used by slashing. She can also use lasers like Master Spark for Electric attacks.
This is a front-view battle system, so you won't see her slashing. Also, AoE attack animations are limited, so I'll have to adjust your "Red Laser of Death" to something as fitting as I have in my inventory. Perhaps Meteors. The "Master Spark" isn't bad though, and I can make her specialty AoE attacks.

Doopliss99 wrote:As for Doopliss' backround, she was orphaned at a very young age. But She is known to be a Youkai/Chimera mix for a race even though she looks like a human.
No. Not "Doopliss". Doopliss is a corny ghost enemy from a Mario Bros. game, and you want to put it on a winged female? Try a new name. As for the background, two sentences won't cut it. Explain more.

Also, explain the flying and how it will be used.

Doopliss99 wrote:"The wings have 7 crystals all colors of the rainbow on each side. And there you have it. Smile
Not happening, sorry. Unless you want to make the sprite and art yourself.

Anyway, fix it up and send another one.
L0rd1x0x1
L0rd1x0x1
Master
Master
Score : 44575
Fame : 0

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:45 am
Ahhh RPG Maker VX Ace. Great for 2D games. I've made a game with it.
Powerblade
Powerblade
Master
Master

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:54 pm
I have 10+ incomplete projects; I've never actually completed a game on there.

This has made me very experienced at the program though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum